LEAD GEN BLUEPRINT
If you have an online business, you’re selling something. It might be a product of your own, a service you provide, an affiliate product etc. Whatever it is you’re selling, you need leads.
Learn more about how to start generating leads as you move through this guide.
ATTRACT: Lead Magnet
- be specificA lead magnet should speak to a specific issue, objective or outcome. It should never be vague. They must offer a specific solution to a specific market.
- solve 1 big problemWe all want the “quick fix” or “magic pill”. It’s better for a lead magnet to deliver on one big promise as opposed to lots of small promises.
- instant deliveryYou know what they want, and they want it NOW! Don’t make them have to take another action step to get the promise you offered. The Lead Magnet should provide the solution immediately.
- perceived high valueJust because the Lead Magnet is given away “free” doesn’t mean it should LOOK free. In fact, this is when you need to look and sound your absolute best. For some this is one of the first contact points the prospect has had with your business – first impressions matter.
- clear "Next Step" actionThe Lead Magnet must include a Call to Action that invites them to take the next step with you. It can be a link or button or an encouraging word to call, click, make a booking. What ever it is it should be obvious and easy to follow through on.
When planning your lead magnet ask yourself:
The Landing Page (Squeeze Page)
Once you have chosen your system and set up your initial campaign, it’s time to think about creating your offer, which many people refer to as your “lead magnet”. It’s kind of like fishing, where your leads are the fish, and your lead magnet is the bait that lures them in.
Remember, this offer should appeal directly to your chosen demographic. You can’t expect to catch a catfish with a flashy lure meant for bass. While it’s possible, it’s not likely, and you’d stand a much better chance of catching a catfish with something that is known to appeal to them—such as chicken livers, or earthworms, or stink bait.
Try to think about what might appeal to your target audience. What would they be interested in learning that they don’t already know? What would they be interested in getting a discount on?
Most people create a special report as their lead magnet. It’s usually 10-20 pages, but may be up to 50 or so, depending on how much you want to say. Longer reports are more appropriate when you have a complex subject and aren’t selling information on the topic.
For example, if you’re in real estate and selling houses, you can give away a 50-page guide on how to find the perfect house, including information about stuff like zoning regulations, homeowners’ associations, utilities, road frontage, home inspections, etc.
But if you’re selling a course on SEO, a shorter report, say 20 pages, on a small segment of the topic would be much more appropriate, because you don’t want to give away all your information for free.
You can always outsource the creation of your lead magnet, or purchase a high-quality PLR product that you can use. This will save you a lot of time.
If you are in the Internet marketing or B2B (business-to-business) fields, you might be interested in signing up for the Automated List Profits monthly program, which delivers two fully-automated lead generation packages per month and includes a report, squeeze page, and thank you page.
All you have to do is paste your opt-in code and upload everything! >> https://promotelabs.com/automated-list-profits
You might also consider just offering an enticing discount coupon to leads, especially if you have a product that is in demand in your niche. This is especially useful if you have a recurring business model or a sales funnel with upsells that will allow you to use the initial sale as a loss leader and make more money on the back end later.
Once you have your lead magnet ready, be sure to add a link to it to your autoresponder service as a follow-up after people opt-in. You don’t want to have to send all those freebies out manually!
Check your autoresponder’s help files to find out how to set up a follow-up email that contains a link to your lead magnet. The process will be slightly different for each service, but it’s not difficult. It’s about as easy as sending an email.
Then it’s time to create the squeeze page (also called a landing page) to promote it!
CONVERT: Email System
Use an automated email sequence (mailchimp, convertkit)
Deliver on the promise (the lead magnet)
Reinforce key elements of the solution
Connect to a paid product or service
The Email System
The first thing you absolutely must do if you want to generate leads is to sign up for a service that will allow you to build a database of leads through a web form. Most people simply use an email autoresponder service such as MailChimp, MailerLite, aWeber, or ConvertKit to store their leads in a database.
But there are also Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems that will let you collect, store, manage, and search many different types of information if you need more details from your leads.
If all you need to collect is name and email, which is fine for most online marketing purposes, you can just use a simple autoresponder system.
Here is a list of some of the most popular email marketing services. Each of these services is widely respected and most have similar features and pricing.
Email Marketing systems
LEAD GEN BLUEPRINT
CREATED FOR YOU BY ARTIFEX MARKETING STUDIO
Have you seen the NEW & FREE
5 Day Lead Challenge?
With the funnel king – Russell Brunson
The whole goal is to get you RESULTS using a PROVEN simple step by step framework for attracting and delivering highly qualified prospects right to your website.
All it takes is 30 minutes a day for 5 days.
Here’s a sneaky look at the schedule…
Day 1: Unlimited Leads
- How lead funnels work
- How to structure your lead machine
- Understanding the core foundation
Day 2: Creating Your Lead Magnet
- How to build your Lead Capture page
- How to create your Lead Magnet to attract unlimited leads
- Free ‘Lead Magnet’ software
Day 3: Creating Your Lead Squeeze Funnel
- Capturing names, emails, phone numbers
- Attract QUALIFIED prospects
- Build your simple 2-page funnel
Day 4: Creating Your Followup Funnel
- How to engage and keep your leads
- How to write a compelling email sequence
- How to build rapport and a relationship so they BUY
Day 5: Launch Your Lead Funnel
- Go LIVE with your Funnel
- Capture ACTUAL leads for your business
- Start building your list